“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” This saying was first coined in regards to fire safety. But like all timeless quotes, it applies to many more aspects of modern life. At Cornerstone Dental Arts in Greenfield IN, we apply it to dental health.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some essential guidelines are highlighted here.
- Brush your teeth. Do it twice a day without fail, for two minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
- Wear a protective mouthguard. When joining in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged, make sure to protect it.
- Don’t smoke. If you do, try to quit. If you don’t, keep it that way!
- Avoid sugary and starchy snacks. They can coat your teeth with bacteria and accelerate decay.
- Schedule regular dental visits. At the office, we can catch small cracks or irregularities that you can’t see at home. Nothing beats consistent dental appointments.
At Cornerstone Dental Arts in Greenfield IN, we want all our patients to enjoy healthy teeth and gums. People from Maxwell, Charlottesville, Fountaintown, 46140, 46163, and 46055 come to our office for family and cosmetic dentistry. Request an appointment today!